Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Definition of Happiness

Happy 2012 New Year peeps, I have not been blogging for the past year, mainly due to having a boring life and also working for the IBM China team does not help. Still working the longest hours, hence, making my life a boring hellhole...

With 2012 just starting, I suddenly had a question in my mind, what defines happiness?

I've always been happy with what I've had, I have:-
1. a 10 year relationship with someone I love
2. a job that satisfy my desire for a good pay
3. an opportunity to be a dog trainer, which I have aimed for years
4. a family that makes me a family man
5. Friends that I can share my feelings with, without doubting that they will run their mouths.

But still, sometimes I just don't feel happy. Am I just being pathetic or just being an ungrateful ass? My mind is screwed up I guess.

I hated alcohol and clubbing 3 years ago, now I'd like to make it part of my life
I was just someone's boyfriend a year ago, now I'm a family man
I was enthusiastic to have a business of my own, now I'm freaked out by the idea
I was always planning to get married at the age of 29, again, I'm freaked out by it

Am I being ungrateful?

Some people can't get full meals, can't get jobs they want or find the ones they love, yet I'm still unhappy...

But after getting all that, I crave for more, more things to see, more places to go, more friends to meet, to get to know, but by doing so, I might not be the same anymore.

Perhaps, the Dark Prince in me just came back, and eating me alive... Welcome again to Las Noches...

No comments:

Post a Comment